Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Learning Journal, Assignment 4.2

Throughout the first part of this course I believe that my strongest learning experiences have been the debating and feedback from my peers.  It is one thing to hear what a teacher has to say, but when your peers comment on your work it really strikes a chord.  Positive or negative responses from my peers help me calibrate if I am communicating my message appropriately.  Some people don’t like to hear the truth but I would rather hear it straight from the source.  Debating or receiving feedback from our peers is one of the ways to learn about ourselves. 

One way I can improve my learning is by isolating my external distracters.  Online learning gives me the flexibility to do my assignments at two in the morning or eleven in the afternoon.  Sometimes my work schedule and family life compete with my class participation.  If I could narrow down the external activities maybe I could step up the quality of my assignments.  For example, I just bought a ’53 Dodge DeSoto.  Every time I walk into the garage it calls my name, but I can’t work on it because I know I have to complete my work.  This is just one example of an external distracter that I have to overcome. 

As I have said in my past learning journals, I still think that keeping a personal learning journal has been one of the best discoveries that I have had as a student.  Never before have had I found a more successful learning tool.  Keeping this journal has been a life saver.  I keep all the past activities and resources inside this journal.  It is easy to reference my past websites or postings by other students that I found beneficial.  Another thing included in the journal is short and long term goals.  These goals are personal, professional, and education related.  In one short week I will have accomplished my first short term goal, completing the first part of the AEDU program! 

No comments:

Post a Comment